reminder that there’s a con checklist
I will always reblog this for my followers.
Is everyone looking forward to EGXRezzed to meet the Yogscast, fellow Yognau(gh)ts, and play some great PC/Indie/Next-Gen Games next week? I know I am!
Here are some pro-tips for Maximum Fun-Having:
- Be friendly and cheerful. We’re all here to have fun!
- If you’re feeling a grump coming on, Smile! Smiles are contagious and they make everyone feel better.
- Sharing is Caring. (blatantly stole this from the Care Bears)
- Drink plenty of water and go get some food. Everybody gets cranky when they are hungry or thirsty. Don’t be that person.
- Please don’t try to get autographs or selfies when people are clearly in a hurry, working, or talking to someone else. There is an Autograph Time and these guys are happy to sign and have a very quick chat then.
- Remember at Autograph Time that there are 400 fabulous fans just like you and only 120 minutes to give everyone a signature. Don’t be upset that your favourite Yog can’t spend several minutes with you.
- Please don’t ask about Shadows of Israphel. Everyone and their uncle has asked and it’s been answered hundreds of times in a dozen different places. It’s unfair to them and wastes everybody’s time.
- It’s always nicer to say ‘My favourite thing you do is *such-n’-such.*’ than to say ‘I wish you’d do less *something-or-other.*’ Your least favourite thing is someone else’s favourite thing evar.
- Be Positive. Everyone wants to come away from this expo feeling good.
- Be patient with EGXRezzed staff, volunteers, technology, Yogscast members, fellow Yognau(gh)ts. We all know that technical hiccups happen, or something isn’t ready and you have to wait, or the line is packed and there’s a grumpy child ahead of you. Keep in mind that everyone is here for the shared enjoyment.
- Try to find compassion in every situation.
- If you need help with a problem or situation, ask for help.
- Don’t forget this is a Gaming Expo. There are tons of great games on the show floor. Go play some games dag nab it!
I’m just a Dave Yognau(gh)t!! I’m not affiliated, I just want all us fans to have empathy for everyone involved, as well as have a splendid time!
I like this list.
This is a nice list.
Were you curious about what Nilesy, Rythian and Kim said in the Minecraft guide? Of course you were. Here, so you don’t have to buy a 148 guide (man, it is bigger than I expected) to read 4 pages about your three of your favourite people ;)
The petition to legally recognize non-binary genders expired because it did not reach 100,000 signatures in time.
HERE IS A NEW PETITION. It expires April 20th. DO NOT LET THIS ONE FAIL AS WELL.
come on please. it at least feels like something. if you can please please sign this.
They are coming.
Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?